Achieving NIST Compliance Can Be Challenging Without An Experienced NIST Consultant On Your Side. Implementation a NIST Cybersecurity Framework NIST 800 (SP 800-171, SP 800-53, Etc.), DFARS, or CMMC Will Soon be a Requirement for Bidding or Contracting With The Department of Defense (DoD) Or Any Other DoD Procurement Agency soon.
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is a division of the U.S. Department of Commerce. The NIST framework supports open systems and interoperability that will spur development of computer-based economic activity. The mission was to develop, maintain, and issue standards for ensuring the security of sensitive but unclassified information. In keeping with their mission of standards and policy making for the US Federal Government, NIST has issued various Special Publications (SP) series documents that cover a wide variety of technology. The main stay of their publications is known as the 800 Series (or NIST SP 800) which addresses anything from Information Assurance levels and policy compliance to Information Technology Infrastructure Management and Wireless Network Security.
Are you keeping up with today’s threat landscape? Evaluate the maturity and readiness of your enterprise’s applications and systems to identify threats, quantify risks, and prioritize mitigations. Test security controls to prove effectiveness, identify vulnerabilities, and strategize to improve your overall cyber security posture.
NIST Cybersecurity Framework Based Assessment – How effective are your organizational cyber security controls? Our NIST-based security framework assessments evaluate your current security programs against established industry best practices and provide actionable recommendations for improvement.
NIST Cybersecurity frameworks and NIST Special Publications (SP) 800 series exists to help ensure that appropriate security requirements and security controls are applied to reduce risk to federal information and information systems.
In the next year, contractors will be required to meet these cyber security requirements and controls before doing business with the federal government and Department of Defense. Therefore, complying with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) is important if companies wish to bid or contract with the government.
Practically speaking, NIST guidance provides the security instructions that help commercial organizations who store, process, display or transmit sensitive data prepare for authorization meeting their compliance requirements.
Praetorian Secure NIST Compliance Experts have been performing NIST Compliance Consulting Services for more than a decade. Our experience covers the entire NIST SP 800 series of controls and special publications such as SP 800-171, SP 800-53, SP 800-37, CMMC and more. Likewise, we have vast experience developing tailored documentation and System Security Plans (SSP) in support of compliance. Moreover, we developed a customized project approach and implementation process to make compliance easier.
In conclusion, we can assist in reducing the time, cost and complexity that typically accompanies implementation of NIST security. Praetorian started providing NIST Compliance Services in 2009 supporting Fortune 10, 100, and government contractors. Additionally, we have helped commercial suppliers and custom defense manufacturers with Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) planning and control implementation IAW NIST SP800-53 and NIST SP 800-161 on some of the largest awards.
- Our NIST Compliance experts are former U.S. Army Agents of the Certifying Authority Representatives (ACAR) and Navy Certified Validators.
- Let us put 15+ years of NIST Compliance and industry certified CISSP expertise to work for your organization for the purpose of translating NIST compliance requirements.
- Praetorian Secure regulatory compliance experts can assist with system categorization, security control selection and implementation, policy development, and documentation artifact creation.
- Also, we integrate with our client’s project team, for the purpose of supplementing expertise and translating requirements.
- Above all, Praetorian Secure reduces costs and complexity while simultaneously rolling-out your NIST security program.
- Finally, our experts identify and implement the appropriate program to be compliant with NIST standards. Moreover, this ensures all of your organization’s assets and services remain secure.
Assess to make sure, Test to be sure. Our NIST Assessment Services can help you identify compliance levels, protect thru the implementation of effective security controls and processes, detect through testing to identify vulnerabilities, respond to weaknesses, improve disaster recovery, and maintain and improve NIST Compliance. Our NIST assessment services are listed in the graphic below.
- Identify – Perform NIST Pre-Assessment(s) to understand where potential gaps in compliance reside.
- Protect – Remediate gaps and implement defense-in-depth measures to guard critical data assets.
- Detect – Employ an effective vulnerability management program for identifying potential threats to the environment.
- Respond – Address deficiencies within the environment before it is too late.
- Recover – Establish and implement an effective Disaster Recovery & Incident Response Plan
- Maintain – Monitor and Maintain your NIST compliance with our proven methodology.
Implementing NIST security controls and processes to meet compliance can be a challenging task riddled with many requirements and guidelines.
To make NIST cybersecurity and compliance easier we have NIST experts on staff to assist organizations with translating NIST requirements. In working with our clients, we integrated as part of their team, we reduce cost and complexity that accompanies the transition to NIST cybersecurity and processes. We help your project team identify and implement the appropriate risk management, security controls, and processes to ensure your compliant with NIST regulations and ensure all your organizations assets and services remain secure.
To begin, our team performs an in-depth Pre-validation/Gap assessment baseline your existing security controls and process to evaluate gaps in meeting complex NIST compliance requirements. Next, we provide a detailed remediation plan and consulting approach to make NIST Compliance an effortless process for your team.
During this effort, we leverage our expertise, understanding of compliance guidelines, and proven processes to ensure your team achieves NIST compliance. Whether we are translating security control or complex process requirements or creating documentation to solidify compliance, it is understood implementing NIST security controls and processes can be a challenging task for most, riddled with many requirements and guidelines. However, our compliance services will reduce time, cost, staffing burdens and ensure your security and compliance requirements are met on time and incompliance with government contract award requirements.
Praetorian has extensive experience with implementing the following NIST-800 Special Publications.
- Recommended Security Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organizations – NIST SP 800-53
- NIST Special Publication 800-171, Revision 2, Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) in Nonfederal Systems and Organizations
- Assessing Security Controls – NIST SP 800-53a
- Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework – NIST SP 800-37
- Supply Chain Risk Management Practices – NIST SP 800-161
- Wireless Network Security – NIST SP 800-48
- IT Security Services – NIST SP 800-35
- Guideline on Network Security Testing – NIST SP 800-42
- IT Security Awareness & Training Program – NIST SP 800-50
- Contingency Planning for IT Systems – NIST SP 800-34
- Guidelines on Firewalls & Firewall Policy – NIST SP 800-41
- Securing Public Web Servers – NIST SP 800-44
- Email Security – NIST SP 800-45
- Interconnection IT Systems – NIST SP 800-47
Get to know who we are, how we operate, and what we stand for. Praetorian Secure believes in extending business transparency to all clients. Ultimately, showcasing our past work is the best way to display how experienced we are.
We have experience servicing a diverse range of customers from markets across the spectrum. In the same vein, this has made us better equipped to achieve success in any environment, no matter the size.
Implementing and maintaining your NIST Compliance requirements does not have to be complicated… Feel free to reach out with questions and one of our NIST Compliance experts will get back to you as soon as possible.