Enhance Your Security Posture With Penetration Testing Services. At Praetorian Secure We Use Proven Methodologies To Assess Your Environments Unique Security Risks. Testing For Vulnerabilities In Web and Mobile Applications, Internal/ External Networks, Or On Other Special Devices. When It Comes To Assessing Your Cybersecurity Health Testing On A Routine Basis Is Monumental.
For those of you who may be new to this area of business, penetration testing (pen testing) is a type of cybersecurity testing that helps discover security risk in a system/application. Moreover, a penetration test can be a performed on various types of infrastructure including web or mobile applications, corporate networks (internal & external), remote workstations, and other devices. Yet, another important aspect of pen testing is that it is typically done in a controlled testing environment. The rationale behind this is so that nothing in the network or application is actually harmed.
For example, if you wanted to make sure no one can get access to your money you put it in the bank. The reason you trust the bank to store your money is because you know the bank is the safest and most secure place to store money based on reputation. It has high-level surveillance, security features, and if they lose your money it is insured. What we do not always consider is that the bank had to thoroughly test all these security measures to ensure they can without a doubt secure your assets. Furthermore, the bank management did not say okay lets wait for someone to commit a robbery to see just how good our security is then we can make changes later.
No, they ran simulated tests on access controls and safe guards to get the most realistic results on their most vulnerable areas. Then they fixed it and tested again until they were comfortable with the end result. The reason to perform a penetration test follows the same principal. Find the weakness, remediate it, repeat until all security vulnerabilities are fixed (resolved or identified as not applicable).
Over your companies lifespan, you have invested and implemented many security controls for the protection of your environment, data, and other technical resources. The question is, “will these past measures be enough far into the future?” If the answer is no, you may want to utilize our Penetration Testing Services to strengthen your current security posture. It does not matter if your looking for Internal or External, White-Box, Black-Box, or Grey-Box testing, manual vs. automated we can do it all. At the end of each penetration testing engagement we provide a report of the findings including action-based recommendations. The first step in finding a solution is to decide what kind of Penetration Testing Services you would be the best fit for your organization.
Once you decide what is in-scope for the engagement it will be easy to determine the type of Penetration Testing Services that should be performed.
Our team is comprised of a variety of professionals are equipped with some of the best tools available and hold various certifications such as CISSP, PCI QSA, and (ISC)2. Most importantly, they research new vulnerabilities as they arise, look for new tools, and constantly hone their skills by engaging in pen testing simulations. You are only as secure as your weakest link and testing is the most efficient way to identify exploitable security vulnerabilities.
- Reveal Current Vulnerabilities − Testing provides detailed information about current security threats. Furthermore, it categorizes the severity of the vulnerability based on criticality, ranking from high to low. This helps easily and accurately manage your security system by allocating resources accordingly.
- Test Before You Implement − Performing a pen test on new technologies before it goes to production saves time, money, and it is easier to fix the vulnerabilities before the application goes live.
- Avoid Fines − Penetration testing keeps your organization’s major activities updated and complies with the auditing system.
- Customer Security & Protection − Protecting customers data should be a top priority of all organizations. A breach of any customer data is not good, to say the last. Pen Testing protects your organization’s data and reputation from malicious threats.
- Meet Compliance Regulations − You may need to meet industry and legal compliance requirements by performing penetration testing as specified. PCI Compliance requires all managers and system owners to conduct regular penetration tests and security reviews.
- Detailed Reporting − This includes an executive summary and technical findings with a a step-by-step breakdown and documentation of the exploitation process.
- Perform Penetration Test and Provide:
- Executive Summary Report – A document that summarizes the scope, approach, objectives, timeline, findings, and recommendations, at a high-level.
- Detailed Technical Report – A document that outlines the granular vulnerability details (findings), attack vectors, and proof of concepts (repeatable results). Includes CVSS Severity Rating (low, medium, high, critical) for each finding.
- House Cleaning – After our testing is completed we will remove all files, tools, and accounts used for testing and include details in our report.
- Fix Recommendations/ Action Plan
- Documents all your vulnerabilities and includes high-level fix actions.
At Praetorian Secure we use a combination of testing methods to ensure a fully comprehensive/accurate testing program. These include: OSSTMM (Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual), The Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES), Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), The PTES Framework (Penetration Testing Methodologies and Standards), National Institute for Standards and Technology Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF) and more.
Our approach is to simulate a real-world attack and gain a snapshot of your environment at a given point in time. For this reason, we use tools that are readily available to any malicious actor because this is the most realistic way to test your security controls in place. Testing your security posture and security control can prevent most cyber criminals but not all. We are constantly researching and testing new tools to upgrade our testing capabilities and techniques. As we find new tools, we update or modify our test plans in our penetration testing collaboration suite.